Latest Update 8/24
The PHS Orchestra website is being updated for the upcoming 2019-2020 Season. Please check back frequently.
New Forms, Calendar, Special links ETC will be updated.
STUDENTS: Join Google Classroom now.
Symphony 1st Period code: y2u5v7
Concert 2nd Period code: 3zze4w
Sinfonia 3rd Period code: wvkd20v
Philharmonic 4th Period code: v4dznoa
Information is posted frequently throughout the year so check frequently.
Parents: If you are not receiving emails, please send me a note.
All State and All Region Excerpts are now available. Email Mr. Jones for audition music.
Mandatory Parent Meeting - August 29th 6:30 at Paschal High School
- ASSIGNMENTS DUE
- Handbook Agreement and District Forms due (Friday August 30)
- Activity Fee and School Instrument Maintenance Fee due (Friday August 30)
- All forms are to be filled out and signed online. We are now using Dochub to provide access to these fillable forms. Simply click on the form. You will need to set up a login account before you can fill the forms out. More information can be found here.
Steps to Successful Practicing
- Take your instrument home!
- Identify ahead of time what you want to accomplish. Is there a certain measure of 2 that need correction? Need to work on straight bow, good tone or vibrato?
- Schedule a block of time, even if it's only 10 minutes. Set a timer.
- Focus on what you planned to accomplish. Don't get side-tracked playing a different section or straight through the piece.
- Record yourself and listen. Mark the items you hear that you still want to improve.
- Encourage and allow someone to hold you accountable for this. A parent/guardian, sibling, friend etc.