NEW YORK TRIP MEETING
Mandatory for students/chaperones and parents of students attending.
Monday, February 18th 6:30-7:30PM
VITAL information will be given and collected at this meeting to ensure your student has the safest and most enjoyable trip possible.
Honors Credit: Turn your 250 word performance reflection thru TurnItIn.com
Class ID: 19882182 Enrollment Key: PantherOrch
Reflections are due Wednesday, December 19th
CONGRATULATIONS REGION 5 ORCHESTRA MEMBERS
Elizabeth Stuard Smith - Alt
Coleman Odom - Alt
CONGRATULATIONS FWISD DISTRICT ORCHESTRA MEMBERS
SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Dear Orchestra Seniors,
I know this is a super busy time for you, but will you please send the following email to the orchestra directors in your Region? Currently there are NO HS string students who have applied for a TMEA scholarship. Please find the requirements below:
Must be entering as a full-time freshman in a Texas college or university in the fall, 2019. Must major in a music degree program leading to Texas teacher certification with music as the primary teaching field.
Mandatory Parent Meeting - August 28th 6:30 at Paschal High School
- The parent meeting went wonderfully. Thank you to those who attended.
- ASSIGNMENTS DUE
- Handbook Agreement and District Forms due (Sept 5th)
- Activity Fee and School Instrument Maintenance Fee due (Sept 5th)
- All forms can now be filled out and signed online. We are now using Dochub to provide access to these fillable forms. Simply click on the form. You will need to set up a login account before you can fill the forms out. More information can be found here.
THE BIG APPLE
This year's spring trip will be a ONCE IN A LIFETIME, ALL INCLUSIVE trip to New York on March 8-12. We hope to take as many students as possible. There will be a trip meeting immediately following the parent meeting on August 28th. We will need to secure airfare and hotel rates ASAP. Be sure to fill out the trip agreement and pay the deposit in order to reserve a spot in this incredible journey. The first payment will be due on August 29th in order to secure a spot. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!
Steps to Successful Practicing
- Take your instrument home!
- Identify ahead of time what you want to accomplish. Is there a certain measure of 2 that need correction? Need to work on straight bow, good tone or vibrato?
- Schedule a block of time, even if it's only 10 minutes. Set a timer.
- Focus on what you planned to accomplish. Don't get side-tracked playing a different section or straight through the piece.
- Record yourself and listen. Mark the items you hear that you still want to improve.
- Encourage and allow someone to hold you accountable for this. A parent/guardian, sibling, friend etc.